We are approaching Valentine’s Day and you would like to surprise your partner with a delicious treat. Of all the desserts that do exist, I prefer the Oreo truffles because of many reasons. First, they are very easy to make, in that the children can join you. Another thing is that the ingredients used in the preparation are locally available. Below, we will be learning on how to prepare them.
The ingredients needed are:
- ½ teaspoon coconut oil
- 5 oz cream cheese, softened
- 14 oz white chocolate chips
- 24 Oreos, crushed fine
To proceed, you:
- Mix the Oreo crumbs together with cream cheese in a bowl till the mixture turns into a thick smooth dough.
- Place the dough in a baking tray and put the tray in the freezer for about 30 minutes.
- With the help of a cookie cutter, cut it into hearts. Always remember to start cutting from the outside for little wastage.
- Return the hearts made back into the freezer for about a half an hour before starting the dipping process.
- In a microwave bowl, mix the coconut oil and the chocolate chips then microwave for 30 seconds. Make sure you stir the mixture till the chocolate completely melts. You can be working with a maximum of 4 hearts at once.
- By the help of a fork, dip the heart in the molten chocolate then remove it, make sure the chocolate covers it completely and evenly.
- Leave to dry and you will have your Oreo truffles.
Valentine’s Day Truffles
Recipe from OMG Chocolate Desserts.
24 Oreos, crushed fine
5 oz cream cheese, softened
14 oz white chocolate chips
1/2 teaspoon coconut oil
Sprinkles, if using
- In a medium bowl beat together the oreo crumbs and cream cheese until a thick glossy dough forms.
- Roll this dough out on a plastic wrap lined baking tray to between 1/4-1/2″ thick. Place this tray in the freezer for half an hour. Using a small heart shaped cookie cutter cut out as many hearts as you can. Work from the outside of the dough in to minimize space waste. Peel away the scraps. You can reroll these together and press them down and keep cutting out hearts.
- Freeze for another 30 minutes. These must be frozen while you dip them.
- Combine the white chocolate chips and the coconut oil in a microwave safe bowl and microwave in 30 second intervals, stirring between each interval until the chocolate is completely liquid. Work with 3-4 hearts at a time, leaving the rest in the freezer until needed
- Using a small fork dip a frozen heart (that sounds so much more intense than it really is) into the melted chocolate. Make sure to cover it evenly and lift it out of the chocolate. Tap off the excess and use another small fork to help slide the bon bon onto wax paper. Top with sprinkles, if using, while the chocolate is still wet. Repeat with the remaining hearts. Once the chocolate has hardened somewhat you can break off any “tails” that remain from the dipping process.
Let us know how it resulted for you by commenting below, please SHARE the recipe to all your friends and family on Facebook!
What do you think?