When you are indoors and have this craving wilt of eating a steak, what will you do? Never think of going for one in the restaurant while you can easily make it at home. What you need to have in the house is a well-ventilated kitchen, an iron cast skillet, and a meat thermometer. With these, you are at well-equipped for the cuisine procedure. Any chef will tell you that there are three steps in preparing a perfect steak, which are: the sear, the cooking and the resting.
The ingredients needed are:
- 2 tablespoons butter
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 8oz filet mignon steaks, tied tight with butcher’s twine
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
To prepare the steak, you:
- Preheat your oven to 450°F and get the cast iron skillet on the heat (high one) for five minutes. Meanwhile using a paper towel dry the steaks well then apply some vegetable oil on them and some salt and pepper seasoning.
- Place the steaks on the cast iron to cook for at least 2 minutes on each side. Never move them while on the cast iron skillet to ensure that you obtain the number one step: a perfect sear.
- After they turn brown in color on both sides, top them with some butter and place them back in the oven.
- If you are preparing rare steak, then leave for 8 minutes, it your choice is medium rare, then it is 10 minutes. Always confirm using a thermometer.
- Remove from oven once ready and leave to cool for some 10 minutes then serve and enjoy.
Try it today and let us know what the outcome was. Please SHARE it with all your friends on Facebook!
What do you think?