While there are people who prefer to take hot coffee during the winter cold nights, I prefer taking some hot soup. For those who crave for flavored soup, the recipe below brought to us by Michael’s Home Cooking, will show us the detailed demonstration on how to prepare a bean and bacon soup, that will send the cold chills away.
The ingredients required are:
- 1/4 pound bacon
- 1/2 teaspoon marjoram
- 1/2 pound navy beans, soaked overnight
- 1 medium onion (one cup)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 small cloves garlic
- 3 Roma tomatoes, chopped with no seeds
- 5 cups chicken broth
Procedure to follow:
- In a cooking pot, put the 1/2 pound navy beans, soaked overnight and chicken broth and leave to boil. While boiling remove the scum that froths on top, then leave to boil for an hour with a lid.
- Heat a frying pan and put some butter on it when hot to melt then add chopped onions, garlic and salt then stir and leave to cook for 3 minutes.
- Add ½ teaspoon of marjoram, tomatoes and bacon, then leave to cook for 10-12 minutes.
- Pour the mixture to the pot containing the beans and heat for 10 minutes before serving!
Watch the clip below to see the whole detailed procedure. Please SHARE this recipe with all your friends and family on Facebook!
What do you think?